Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fahrenheit 451 continued

As I continue to read this book I keep coming up with more and more questions that makes me want to continue reading to find the answers. I have finished the 2nd part of the book now and it's right at the point where the Firemen pull up infront of Montags house. As soon as I got to this part I was wondering who turned Montag in. We discussed this question in our group discussion and all of us pretty much believe that Mildred was the one who set the alarm. But what I also was wondering was did Beatty know all along that Montag had those books? I got the feeling that he did know because of the way he was asking questions to Montag that seemed to hint that he was on to Montag.

2 comments:

  1. I also believe that Mildren turned him in. My question was who could turn their husband in if she was reading the books too?? That made no sense to me. I think Beatty knew and send the dog sniffing around the door as a hint to it was time to turn the books in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatty probably knew too, and maybe it was that other people were getting suspicious that he had to be turned in and to give up the books.

    ReplyDelete